DEAR AMY: we never ever thought I would personally be composing for you.
Columnist Amy Dickinson (Bill Hogan/Chicago Tribune)
My family and I come in our eighties, hitched for longer than three decades, with grown kids from previous failed marriages.
My partner arrived to become personally listed on me as soon as we were hitched, making her task plus some family members.
She had resided during my area formerly and we also had friends that are mutual.
Now she states it is her turn: She desires to go 400 kilometers away to be near to her son. We go along fine with him along with his household. That’s not the difficulty.
The issue is, i prefer it right here where I’m near to my loved ones and friends that are lifelong. Where her son everyday lives we don’t understand anyone.
She states i will remain where our company is residing if i wish to, but she’s making. We don’t think it is meant by her.
- Ask Amy: Dejected teen gets just advice that is cold beloved relative
- Ask Amy: This other girl stepped in before I became finished with my better half
- Ask Amy: The man-boys are operating crazy in my own household, and I’m tired of it
- Ask Amy: we objected to my neighbor’s party. He called me personally a snoop.
- Ask Amy: She lied concerning the playdate and place my kids in danger
She additionally claims that when she does not get, she’ll simply remain right here and rot, and I also think she ensures that.
I’d like to compromise: I’ll provide to get her settled inside her new house, see usually, and become here if she requires me personally, but I would like to live what’s left of my entire life where i will be. (më tepër…)